There is an ample sized library with reading room, separate sections for teaching staff and counter. It has almost 3000 books related to medical sciences and about 5000 medical journals. It has a senior librarian with other support staff. It has an audiovisual corner that provides computer & Internet facilities to the students. The Library is a major center of health science literature. It is equipped with up to date information and retrieval facilities, books and journals for the students and faculty in basic medical sciences, clinical sciences, community health, nursing etc.
- Seating capacity has been increased to 187.
- Five indexed journals regularly subscribed at MMC, eight at MMCH.
- 4640 recent indexed journals have been added.
- Number of books have been added.
- Two qualified librarians are appointed.
- 12 computers with internet facilities and networking are available.
- In addition, Satellite Departmental Libraries also have a stock of related books and journals
There is a large collection of books on literature in the library also. It is named "Gosha-e-Rahat Saeed", to honour Mr. Rahat Saeed, a renowned scholar and writer, who donated his collection of books to the library, and which makes the largest part of our collection. It is hoped that while keeping students and doctors medical knowledge upto date with collection of latest medical books and journals, the literature books will help them becoming good humans and citizens.
|Medicine & Allied||499|
|Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||159|
|Gynecology & Obstetrics||192|